In the unlikely event that you may have a complaint in respect of a claims management service that Amber Claims Management has provided and that is regulated under the “Compensation Act 2006” the complaints procedure is as follows:
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the “Compensation Act 2006”
2. We reserve the right to decline to consider a complaint that is made in excess of six months after you became aware of the cause of the complaint. There may be occasions where we will waive this requirement at our discretion. We will confirm to you in writing if a complaint has been made outside the time limit that we are prepared to consider.
3. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the individual who will be handling the complaint for the business, wherever possible, that individual will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
4. Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either:
4.1 a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
4.2 a holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
5. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
5.1 a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
5.2 a response which:
5.2.1 explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving the reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response: and
5.2.2 informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
6. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any Acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which You accept. Appropriate redress may not always involve financial redress.
7. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
Legal Ombudsman: PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Tel: 0333 009 5254
Address: Amber House, Green Lane, Old Swan, Liverpool, L13 7GD
Phone: 0333 009 5254
Amber Claims Management is a trading Style of Dynamic Assistance Ltd.